Satori WO24P-8 Woofer 9.5'' 8 ohm
Egyptian Papyrus Cone
The Satori range was founded to separate more expensive projects from a wider range of more affordable - but still high-end - SB Acoustics products. “As we get more experience, new materials, better simulation tools, we believe in benefiting the customer with those improvements. We always knew that geometry is essential and we are working more and more with geometry. Every time we get new materials, like beryllium, and we optimize the designs, there’s always room for improvement. We’ve been able to implement significant improvements with beryllium, and we could obtain pretty good results in combination with geometry."
Now under the Satori brand are two new 5” and 6.5” midrange drivers, MR13P-4 and MW16PNW-4, respectively, featuring black or natural white cones using Egyptian Papyrus fibers produced in house with a proprietary method, combined with soft low damping rubber surrounds for optimum transient response and low resonance frequency. The cones reveal the natural textures of the papyrus material imported from Egypt, resulting in a distinctive appearance, which will certainly be appreciated for high-end speakers.
For these new Satori drivers, the original idea was to keep the natural finish of the Papyrus fibers as much as possible, which results in a light brown color. Since Papyrus fibers are not uniform, the cone shows visible spots of different colors which give it a look of a natural “organic” material - but the discussion about potential problems in the market arising from the wrong perception that those were “defects” or signs of an “old” driver, led the design team to also create a black version of the same cone. The fibers are still visible, but for more traditional clients, it might be better accepted.
- Hard paper cone for improved piston operation (made in-house)
- Large optimized ceramic magnet motor system with under-cut pole piece and dual shorting rings
- Vented aerodynamic cast aluminum chassis for optimum strength and low compression
- Soft low damping rubber surround for optimum transient response
- Linear symmetric suspension design for improved dynamic performance
- Non-conducting fiberglass voice coil former for minimum damping
- Long life silver lead wires attached 180° apart for improved stability
- Vented pole piece for reduced compression
- High piston to chassis diameter ratio
- Gasket and bolt hole protrusions for reduced coupling to the speaker cabinet