SB Acoustics SB17CAC35-8 6" ceramic woofer- 8 ohm
SB Ceramic cones consist of an aluminum/ceramic dual layer cone. Ceramic provides a very hard and robust surface with improved sonic properties and cosmetic appearance.
- Vented cast aluminum chassis for optimum strength and low compression
- Geometrically reinforced ceramic cone for optimum piston operation and reduced
- Soft low damping rubber surround for improved transient response
- Non-conducting fiberglass voice coil former for minimum damping
- An extended copper sleeve on pole piece for low inductance and low distortion
- CCAW voice coil for reduced moving mass
- Long life silver lead wires
- Vented pole piece for reduced compression
Ceramic cones offer smoothness and harmonic richness unavailable from conventional paper cone material. Ceramic materials also offer significantly higher stiffness numbers and slightly better internal losses than typical metals such as titanium or aluminum. Compared to polymers, paper, and other soft materials, ceramics provide:
- Significantly higher stiffness to weight ratio.
- More consistent performance over a wide range of temperature and humidity. For example, polypropylene's performance changes dramatically with temperature, while paper can be significantly affected by humidity.
- Superior immunity to UV light and sunlight.
- Superior immunity to water and salt water.
- Superior immunity to combustibility.
Enclosure simulation by Paul Kittinger.