SB Acoustics SB12CACS25-4 - 4'' Ceramic 4 Ohm
Ceramic cones offer smoothness and harmonic richness unavailable from conventional paper cone material. Ceramic materials also offer significantly higher stiffness numbers and slightly better internal losses than typical metals such as titanium or aluminum. Compared to polymers, paper, and other soft materials, ceramics provide:
- Significantly higher stiffness to weight ratio.
- More consistent performance over a wide range of temperature and humidity. For example, polypropylene's performance changes dramatically with temperature, while paper can be significantly affected by humidity.
- Superior immunity to UV light and sunlight.
- Superior immunity to water and salt water.
- Superior immunity to combustibility.